Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Successful Trip


     Well I just arrived in the states last night at around midnight.  We had a few delays to and from Haiti but we made it safely there and back.  One week is just too short, it flew by so fast and as much as I appreciated my bed and a long, warm shower I am already anxious to go back.  The more I am there the more my heart is burdened for them and the more attached I become.

   During the week I was able to visit a few ministries that I think are both very good opportunities.  They are thriving and are well established.  I think each of them could be a good match for me but now its a matter of prayer and taking it to the Lord.

    Each ministry has a different focus and goal but both are definitely needed.  The first is a childrens care center called New Life.  Their primary focus is to care for and provide for the disabled, homeless and helpless.  They have varying ministries that extend from them and they continue to grow.  Actually, I was excited to find out that Miriam is wanting to start a therapeutic riding facility and ag program for the kids.

     Child Hope is best described as a discipleship training program.  They bring kids in and disciple them in their walk with God.  The kids are taught basic skills that they can use to make an income later.  There are quite a few single missionaries discipling the girls and boys. There are also about four families that serve with Child Hope and are integrated into the Haitian city they live in.

     There is definitely a need for both of these ministries in Haiti and I really like each of them for different reasons.  I am prayerfully considering them and will contact them in a few days.

     At Haiti Children's Rescue Mission, who our team served with, we were able to love on 83 kiddos.  We collected all their shoe sizes and clothes sizes so that later sufficient clothing for all the children can be supplied.  If you are interested in sending a care package let me know.  These are real kiddos who need and appreciate everything they are given.  They loved each of the gifts you sent and I was able to get a few photos of them enjoying their bows and toys. ~ photos are soon to come!

     This trip was very different from my trip back in December but even in just a week I have learned so much.  Questions I thought I had answers to have been shaken.  I think the answers are still the same but reckoning with them is totally different, and then choosing to believe them even if it doesn't satisfy what I think, is difficult when you have people and personalities, faces and expressions to put with it.  Reality is setting in and it is difficult to swallow but I am grateful for it.  The Lord is revealing His heart to me about His children.  He loves these people more than I.  He hears their calls, He knows their names, He was there when they were hurt and He is faithful to save .  The harvest is ready!  I keep thinking of the passage when Jesus says He leaves the 99 sheep to find the 1 lamb that is lost.  He cares and He is good.  He is sharing this burden with me and so many others and I want to serve Him faithfully, in accord with His will and desire whether here or in Haiti.

     With love and a burdened heart, Lauren

2 comments:

  1. So excited to see how The Lord is going to use you! Praying for His perfect will for you, for His glory!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the burden and care in your loving heart, Lauren. This is God's heartbeat too. No doubt, He has His hand upon your life for His glory!

    ReplyDelete