Friday, August 16, 2013

An Open Door...an Answer to Prayer


Hello Friends, Family and Supporters,

I am excited to finally have another update for you. It has been a long six months! Often times seemingly daunting and directionless but not wasted. No work that God does is ever wasted. 
Since my last trip to Haiti I have made efforts to join with other organizations to serve in Haiti. Door after door was closed. It was very discouraging for me. I want to be in Haiti. I have loved working with the children and I love the country. More and more my heart longed to be there but I began to accept that perhaps this just wasn't the right time for me to go to Haiti and decided that I would go ahead and apply for a job here in town and see if the Lord would open that door. Well, I never had time to put in an application. After about a week of reaching that point a friend of mine came to me one Sunday with a job offer for a position as a personal assistant. It was a great opportunity with full benefits, pretty good hours and because the family I would be working for is mission minded I would be able to travel to Haiti multiple times throughout the year. So we set up my interview and I got the job. 
What an answer to prayer! It is quite the ideal situation. God is so good and has supplied above and beyond what I was expecting. I am excited that I will be able to continue to develop the relationships I made with the kids at HCRM back in May and am hoping to be able to be of some help to HCRM state side in whatever way that I can. I am completely in awe of how God has worked this out and am excited to see what the rest of this year holds. Thank you for ALL your prayers and your patience with me in this!

Now, don't think this is the end because its not, it is merely the beginning of a new chapter. :) 

In Christ, 
        Lauren
|| He must increase but I must decrease ||

No comments:

Post a Comment